The excellent piece by staff writer Nicole Garrison-Sprenger details how local radio stations are turning to podcasts as the medium of the future and includes some telling statistics:
- According to Newsday, "the amount of time people spend listening to traditional radio is about 19 hours, down from 22 hours per week in 1993."
- A report by The Info Guru claims that six million people listen to podcasts and that the podcast listening audience is growing rapidly.
The article is a very good read but, alas, not yet available on their site.
(I’ll post a link when they post the story.) In the meantime, here are the links that accompanied the story:
- NPR: Personal Radio Via Podcasting Grows More Popular
- Wikipedia: Podcasting
- (Not So) Daily SearchCast – Search Engine Marketing Podcast
- Blog Software – Typepad vs. Radio Userland
- Protecting Your Online Identity: The MPR In The Loop Interview