Search Engine Marketing Links for Minnesota Council Of Nonprofits Panel
Search Engine Marketing Basics
- Improve your standing in search engines
- SEO keyword and infrastructure strategies
- What NOT to do: Black Hat seach engine optimization
Search Engine Spider Simulator
- Summit Media‘s search engine spider simulation tool. See how your site looks to search engines.
- Search Engine World‘s spider simulator.
- Google AdWords Keyword Tool – Google’s search advertising keyword tool. The Global Trends features lets you see search volume for a given phrase over a year’s time. The Traffic Estimator gives you quick traffic estimates for your keywords. Very cool. Google Trends does the same thing but breaks out search volume by region and/or city. Also very cool. Finally, Google Suggest gives you related search terms as you type in your query.
- Overture – Now part of Yahoo’s Search Marketing program, this free tool allows you to discover phrases that are being used in their pay-per-click search engine. Also see Overture’s bid tool, showing the current prices for keywords.
- Ditital Point’s keyword tool compares Overture keywords with Wordtracker keywords.
- SEO Book has a great keyword comparison tool.
- Websitesproto‘s enhanced Overture tool.
- Wordtracker.com – For fee service. You can subscribe for a year, a month, a week or a day. A great tool.
- Keyword Discovery – A heavy duty subscription service starting out at $32.50 a month.
Current Keyword Popularity Sites:
- Wordtracker’s Today’s Top Keywords
- Yahoo Buzz Index
- Google Zeitgeist
- MSN Search Insider – See what people are searching for on MSN.com.
- AOL Hot Searches
- Ask.com’s top searches.
- Dogpile Search Spy – search the meta search engine’s queries.
- Lycos 50 – Top 50 searches at Lycos.com.
Link Popularity Tools:
- Marketleap‘s link popularity and search engine saturation tool.
- WeBuildPages‘ backlink and common backlinks tool.
Search Engine Advertising:
- Google AdWords – Google’s pay per click service.
- Yahoo! Search Marketing – Yahoo!’s pay per click service.
- MSN AdCenter – Microsoft’s pay per click service.
- Kanoodle – Another pay per click service.
- PositionTech.com – A pay for inclusion service that get’s your pages into Yahoo!, Overture, AlltheWeb, and AltaVista.
Search Engine Marketing Information:
- SEMPO – Search engine marketing professional organization.
- Search Engine Watch – Search engine marketing web site.
- ClickZ – Internet marketing web site.
- Search Marketing Standard – search engine marketing magazine.
- V7N – search marketing blog.
- WebmasterBrain – Webmaster blog.
- Matt Cutts – Google’s search engine marketing blog.
- Yahoo! Search Blog
- John Battelle‘s search blog.
- SEO Today
- SEO Newsnet
- Google Analytics Resources
- Online Ads & Sponsorships For Nonprofit Fundraising
- links for 2007-07-12
- Search Engine Optimization Tips For Bloggers
- Communications 2.0