I gave the interview yesterday and I must’ve talked to the reporter for a good 15 to 20 minutes. I don’t know why, but I’m always surprised at the amount of stuff that gets left on the cutting room floor.
Certainly, a lot of the responses to interview questions don’t make compelling radio or aren’t profoundly insightful or, in the end, don’t have a direct bearing on the topic at hand.
Nevertheless, I’d love to see news organizations, as a standard practice, also post the full, uncut interviews they conduct for the benefit of anyone who wants to dig deeper into the story.
- Interview Notes – Obama 2.0
- Protecting Your Online Identity: The MPR In The Loop Interview
- What It’s Like To Give A Radio Interview
- Breaking Tags – A Common Taxonomy For Breaking News
- Albert Maruggi Interview: Get To Know A Minnesota Blogger