ofIn mid-July Google asked their Gmail users to submit video clips that "all share one element: someone hands the Gmail M-velope in from the left of the screen, and hands it off to the right." Late last month, they released a compilation of the best submitted clips:
Google also mashed up a Google Map with all the submissions:
This is a fantastic example of citizen marketing through consumer generated media. It is also an illustration of how you can harness the love your customers have for your product or service to create a superb video marketing campaign at little to no cost.
The video was uploaded to YouTube six days ago and has already garnered 2.5 million views.
- Consumer-Generated Online Product Videos
- TypePad’s Embeddable Maps Bug
- Citizen Branding Through Fanboy Ads
- How To Create A Gmail Rich Text (HTML) Signature
- Google Analytics Video Tutorial