The viral videos just keep coming for Barack Obama. The most recent is Baracky: The Movie in which Obama and Clinton are injected into the storyline of the movie Rocky, to amusing effect. This is another example of candidate branding by someone other than the campaign iteself.
By inserting Obama into the Rocky roll, he is being portrayed simultaneously as the challenger and the champ. In the movie, Rocky plays an upstart but everyone knows he ends up as champion. It’s a nice bit of work:
- The Barack Obama Campaign & Microtargeting
- Steve Rubel Interviews Mike Slaby, Former CTO Of The Obama Campaign
- How Did New Technologies Play a Role in Obama’s Campaign? – Interview Notes
- Sony’s Flexible OLED Video Screen
- Jeep’s Branded 404 Error Page On Jeep.com