I’ve been helping out on a YouTube video PSA contest project that is sponsored by the Dakota County Public Health Department, called Respect My Ride. The purpose of the campaign was to encourage Dakota County teens to pledge to keep their cars smoke-free. The video contest encouraged teens to create a 30-second public service announcement promoting the same message.
In addition to YouTube, the campaign made use of Facebook, MySpace, and Flickr in in trying to reach teens. The contest winners were announced yesterday. The remarkable explosion of creativity that social media has unleashed never fails to amaze me. This project was no exception.
The following playlist includes all the entries to the contest (the first three are the winners, in order):
- Punch Pizza Flickr Photo Contest Campaign
- Chad Vader Breaks The Internet
- Millennials’ Online Behavior
- An Ode To Digg (And Its Supporting Online Campaign)
- Consumer Generated Music Videos