I recently complained that the absence of a copy and paste function on the iPhone is a deal-killer for me personally, because it prevents the phone from being the incredibly productive device that my Windows Mobile phone is.
Well, BetaNews reports that the next OS update for the iPhone could include copy and paste, along with turn-by-turn navigation and the ability to allow apps to run in the background.
Wired points out that a turn-by-turn functionality could be a huge blow to existing GPS navigation manufacturers.
Given the obstacles Apple has placed in front of the iPhone (no choice of carrier, expensive data plan, all the hassles customers have, and continue to have obtaining a phone), the addition of such a critical function as copy and paste could very well encourage a lot of fence-sitters such as myself to get off of our perch.
- Apple iPhone 3GS Video Tour & Features
- Mobile Commerce – iPhone Or T-Mobile G1?
- To iPhone Or Not To iPhone?
- The New iPhone 3GS – Parody
- Google’s G1 Phone Gets Video Camera & More With Android “Cupcake” Update