The One Big Thing I think you need to know this week is that social networks are getting much closer to going mobile.
Google hasn’t excelled to this point in the social network space but enabling iPhone users to tap into Latitude is a step in the right direction, considering the center of gravity that is iTunes.
I’ve had Android apps for Facebook and Twitter for a while but I haven’t really used Latitude because not many people I know are using it, largely because no one I know uses the G1. But now, hopefully, I’ll be able to use Latitude with my Apple friends. It will, no doubt, make it a lot funner.
I’ve begun using my foursquare account recently and I gotta say, it just feels like the future.
- Mobile Commerce – iPhone Or T-Mobile G1?
- Google’s Interest In Mobile Computing
- iPhone To Get Copy & Paste, Turn-By-Turn Navigation?
- Real-Time eTailing For Black Friday
- Is Facebook Losing Steam?