Facebook keeps adding new Twitter features, the most recent being the ability to effectively “retweet” content that appears in your live or news feeds. The significant element of this new feature as a marketing utility is the fact that the feature source-stamps the content, so something I post personally that is shared by someone else, will include a “via David Erickson” notification with a link to my personal profile. The same goes for fan pages. It is just another subtle tool with which to increase your branding reach as well as a method by which you can acquire more friends and/or fans.
- Facebook Status Update Tagging Demonstration
- Subscribe: Facebook’s New Follow Feature
- The One Big Thing: Facebook Vanity URLs
- Targeted Facebook Status Updates
- New Facebook Privacy Opens The Floodgates, Offers More Control