The ability to target your Facebook status updates to specific audiences is an often-overlooked feature of the social networking service. I use it often to reduce the noise and increase the signal for my Facebook friends. With this feature, I can send marketing-related content to only those people who are likely to find that of value.
Here’s a screencast of how it works:
- New Facebook Privacy Opens The Floodgates, Offers More Control
- Facebook Status Update Tagging Demonstration
- Facebook How To: “Retweet” Feature Demonstration
- The One Big Thing: Facebook’s Updates
- LinkedIn Status Update Search