Local search advertising revenues are forecast to increase from $5.1 billion in 2010 to $8.2 billion by 2015.
That represents a compound annual growth rate of 10%.
By 2015, 30% of search volume is expected to be local.
THOUGHT: The forces driving this growth will be a more sophisticated understanding of search advertising by the advertisers themselves coupled with a dramatic growth in local search volume, as people look for stuff around their physical location using their phones and tablets and even cars.
The handmaiden to local search advertising will, of course, be local search engine optimization. It will be subservient to local search advertising only because so many people do not understand how search engine optimization works, even though it is often the much wiser investment over the long run.
Thank you the brilliant people I work with every day.
GET THESE INSIGHTS DELIVERED DAILY TO YOUR INBOX:
- Career Threatening Fortune Cookie
- Search Behavior Eye Tracking Studies
- Voice Search Engine Optimization: Punch Pizza Example
- Where Does The Business Data For Local Online Business Listings Come From?
- Search Engine Marketing Resources