I got this email from iStockphoto recently in my inbox warning me that the credits that I already bought were about to expire and that, since iStockphoto cares so much about me as a customer, they wanted to give me a heads-up that I was about to lose the credits I had already purchased. C’mon! This is a just a thinly-veiled attempt to get me to buy more photo credits.
There is no reasonable reason why my already paid for credits should expire. They are, after all, just a string of numbers sitting in their database. It’s not as if they need to expend any effort to keep them there.
As I discussed with my Beyond Social Media podcast colleagues, customers see through this kind of crap…and they remember it.
- Beyond Social Media Podcast: Social Customer Service, Kraft v. Putin, The Sports App I Want [VIDEO]
- Stock Photography Of Vince Vaughn & Unfinished Business Stars
- O’Hare Airport Social Deafness & Mall Of America Social Listening [VIDEO]
- Social Media Optimization
- Social Media Engagement Hours