Beyond Social Media Show, Episode 67
During episode 67 of the Beyond Social Media Show, David and BL discuss Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella’s outrageous suggestion that women rely on karma instead of asking for a raise; DIY invisibility; freelance terrorist hunters; Jewish Star Trek stars & VW; major updates at Google+ & Hangouts, and much, much more.
Worst Cases Multimedia
Microsoft CEO: Not Seeking A Raise Is ‘Good Karma’ For Women
- Impact of freelance online terrorist hunters?
- Mind Blown: DIY Cloak of Invisibility is here!
- VW taps Jewish Star Trek William Shatner and Leonard Nimoy to “Beemah me Up!” in E-Golf Car Commercials
- Poachable: Dating-like Site For Job Changers
Best Cases Multimedia
A Basic Demonstration Of Optical Cloaking
NOTE: I misspoke in the podcast, saying they built this device for under $1000; it actually cost less than $100!
Volkswagen e-Mobility – Zukunft Für Alle – TV Spot
Shiny New Stuff
- Google Launches iOS App PRIMER with 5-minute marketing lessons for start-ups
- Paper Camera App
- Android version
- iOS version
- Filter Examples:
- Google+ Adds Polls Feature
- Dave Berbris says Google+ is here for the long haul,with emphasis on Hangouts, Communities & Google+ Photos (which Dave notes are truly awesome)
- Google Desktop Hangouts App For Chrome
- Click to Tweet WordPress PlugIn
- Example of Click To Tweet: Content Marketing Statistics
- Click To Tweet service
Shiny New Stuff Multimedia
Paper Camera Android App Review
Hypelapse + Paper Camera: Video of Downtown Minneapolis Traffic
Autoawesome: Fifth Street Towers
Autoawesome: Minneapolis Animated Gif
Autoawesome: Minneapolis Intersection
Autoawesome: 9/11 Memorial Stained Glass Widow – Rochester Visitors & Convention Bureau
- David’s Presentation: How To Fail At Content Marketing While Really Trying
- Includes presentation slides
- Statistics cited
- Case Studies for iQ by Intel and Will It Blend?
- Other examples
- Video of presentation
- Why You need to add Google+ Hangouts to your digital strategy – Oct 22, 3-4 PM with NASA Social Media Manager John Yembrick and NY Times Social Media Editor Sona Patel & Ronnie Bincer, produced by B.L. Ochman
The Daily Numbers
BEYOND SOCIAL MEDIA HOSTS