B.L. Ochman, Albert Maruggi and I switched from BlogTalkRadio to Google Hangouts for the most recent episode of the Beyond Social Media podcast. In this episode, we discuss PETCO’s inadequate response to the death of a customer’s dog at the hands of one it it’s trainers; a campaign to train dog owners to clean up after their dogs; Turkey’s communication clamp down; Disney’s Story app and Kodak’s missed opportunity; Ben & Jerry’s crowdsourced ice cream flavors; Izzy’s Ice Cream RFID customer service system; Adobe’s real-time Photoshopping campaign; along with some Shiny New Stuff and Daily Numbers.
When Things Go Wrong
- Are Petco’s Dog Training Methods Outdated?
- Unscooped Dog Poop Delivered To Owners Homes
- Tell Me My Story: Disney Helps Shape User-Generated Mobile Media
- Albert’s Kitchen Project Compiled by Disney’s Story app
When It’s Done Right
- Ben & Jerry’s Crowdsources Flavors
- Izzy’s Ice Cream’s RFID Notification Service
- Adobe Creative Days’ Real-Time Photoshop Bus Stop