During the second Google Hangout episode of Beyond Social Media, B.L. Ochman, Albert Maruggi and I discuss social media customer service in general and iStockPhoto’s customer service in particular; the fallout over New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft’s stolen Super Bowl ring story; a bizarre, unsanctioned Tic Tac ad; Marriot’s play for Millennials; in the When Things Go Right segment, we look at Dumb Ways To Die, the mobile app; Burberry’s Sealed With A Kiss app; Google’s Project Loon effort to deliver broadband via balloons; Astronaut Abby’s mission to Mars; cool error pages; along with some Shiny New Stuff and Daily Numbers.
When Things Go Wrong
- US Retailers Say Social Media As Important As Online Shopping
- iStockPhoto Credits Expire Email
- Who To Believe: A Cheater Or A Tyrant?
- Four Calories, A Bizarre Spec Ad For Tic Tac Set in a Seedy Motel Room by Corbin
- Four Calories Ad [VIDEO]
When It’s Done Right
- Dumb Ways To Die Game
- Dumb Ways To Die Game [VIDEO]
- Burberry’s Sealed With A Kiss App
- Astronaut Abby
- Google’s Project Loon: Balloon-Powered Internet for Everyone, Everywhere
Shiny New Things
The Daily Numbers
- Beyond Social Media Podcast: Google’s New Linking Rules & Kickalicious Scores! [VIDEO]
- Beyond Social Media Podcast: PETCO, Training Dog Owners, Ben & Jerry’s & Real-Time Photoshopping [VIDEO]
- O’Hare Airport Social Deafness & Mall Of America Social Listening [VIDEO]
- Rolling Stone Misreads The Constitution & IKEA Pops Up A Train [VIDEO]
- Beyond Social Media Podcast: Nik Wallenda, Men’s Warehouse & Short Form Video [VIDEO]
About David Erickson
David Erickson is principal of e-Strategy Media, a digital marketing consultancy based in Minnesota. David has extensive experience in digital marketing and is often used as an expert source by media and asked to speak on the topic before organizations and to sit on panel discussions.