During the fourth Google Hangout episode of Beyond Social Media, Albert Maruggi, B.L. Ochman and I discuss Mizuno’s late response to the online buzz created when Texas state Senator Wendy Davis wore their shoes during her marathon abortion bill filibuster; we chat about blogger relations and mistargeted press releases; we examine Clorox’s deleted blog post that denigrated dads; we break examine Google’s earned media strategy for the Google Glass rollout and celebrate Google+’s Terrible Twos; Paypal’s galactic ambitions; we note Missing Children Society of Canada’s Amber Alerts for social media and Egypt’s inextricable ties to Twitter; along with some Shiny New Stuff and Daily Numbers.
When Things Go Wrong
- Mizuno Responds to Recent Women’s Wave Rider 16 News Attention
- Can We Stop Talking About Wendy Davis’ Shoes Yet?
- Pretty Wicked Moms’ Nicole Noles on ABC 33/40 News [VIDEO]
- Clorox portrays dads (and by extension, men) as complete and utter idiots in blog post
When It’s Done Right
- NBA Draft Pick Arrives Sporting Google Glass
- Top three reasons you can’t ignore GooglePlus for another minute!
- Missing Children Society of Canada Social Search Party [VIDEO]
- Egypt’s President Morsi Defies Army With One Tweet
- PPG Industrial Coatings
Shiny New Things
- Digg Reader & App – Good alternative to Google Reader.
- Preamp.fm – Builds a video playlist of bands/musicians playing near you.
- Zite – a wonderful way to aggregate content from major content producers.
- Pulse – Visual news, blog, magazine, RSS and social reader.