News that Twitter and Google have reached a deal to allow the Twitter Firehose in Google search results will add a new dimension to the search experience and many more considerations for marketers and public relations pros to address.
It may also provide an amazing consumer insight tool to understand how people behave on social media and react to mass media events. During Episode 82 of the Beyond Social Media Show, I discussed just this aspect of the deal:
This is a screencast I recorded in 2010 when the previous deal resulted in Twitter Firehose in Google search, demonstrating how you could follow tweets responding to the television show Glee:
For a full breakdown of what this deal means, read: The Twitter/Google Deal: 7 Considerations For Marketers & PR Pros.
- How To Participate In A Twitter Chat Screencast
- Screencast: Google’s New Realtime Search Timeline
- A Quick Drive Around The Block With Facebook Real-Time Search
- Using Video For Expert Positioning
- Social Media Marketing & Pop Culture