Author Robert Cialdini’s discusses the research contained in his new book Pre-Suasion, the follow-up to his bestselling book, the genre-defining Influence. Cialdini’s research demonstrates the secret to persuasion lies as much in the key moment before a message is delivered as in the message itself.
In this video, he addresses the RSA to show that the best persuaders spend more time crafting what they do and say before making a request, thereby preparing recipients to be receptive to a message before they encounter it. Cialdini calls this pre-suasion. To change minds most effectively, a pre-suader must change initial “states of mind,” he claims.
- College Students Shopping Online
- Keyword Research Video Tutorial
- Twitter Has Abandoned Me & My Broken Twitter Account
- Making Online Video Advertising Work
- Babes On Skates: Evian’s TV Ad Campaign Minus The Television